Research Update - March 31, 2022
Note: This is only the research summary. The PDF for the full 13-page Research Update report will only be visible to clients logged in.
News: Probes Reporter will soon be Disclosure Insight.
In March, I made the milestone decision to rename Probes Reporter to Disclosure Insight. “DI” is a brand I created and always loved, but had to abandon about 10 years ago after a deal with a public company investor went sour (50 people lost their jobs on that one). Got the trademark back in 2015, renaming now. Twitter handle is @DIReports. Full rollout starts May 1st.
As always, there’s a lot for you in today’s research update. To produce this one report, which you will consume in only minutes, I will have filed hundreds of FOIA requests and appeals, and then personally read through untold thousands of pages of SEC filings. I do this so you don’t have to. All I ask in return is that you consider joining me, or staying on, as a paid member.
Enough marketing, here’s your latest:
New – Added to Watch List. Newly confirmed, undisclosed SEC Investigations.
- General Motors – GM: First found in Dec-2021, confirmed as ongoing in March.
- Gran Tierra Energy – GTE: First found in January, confirmed in March.
Confirmed Update. An undisclosed SEC investigation is again confirmed.
- Corteva – CTVA: Confirmed twice now since Apr-2021.
- Lyft – LYFT: Three undisclosed SEC probes and a CFO departure on short notice.
- Tilray, the Aphria unit – TLRY/APHA: Confirmed four times now since Jan-2020.
- TreeHouse Foods – THS: Confirmed twice now since May-2021.
- Tyson Foods – TSN: Internal investigation, a restatement in the background.
- Welltower – WELL: Confirmed three times now since Apr-2020.
Notable Disclosures Found at Companies with SEC Investigations:
- Cassava Sciences – SAVA: Be careful, they are playing you. We explain.
- Ericsson – ERIC: A new round of FCPA problems. Color us suspicious.
- Plug Power – PLUG: Multiple Alerts. Troubled Company. A lot going on here.
Removed from Watch List in March.
- Arrow Electronics – ARW: SEC probe ended in December, CFO out last week.
- Smith & Nephew – SNN: SEC probe in the 10-K. We warned you first. Shoddy.
That’s all you get. As always, I thank you for your ongoing support. If you like our work, please become a paying member and/or tell others. - John